Thank you for your interest in the Wildlife Science Center’s Volunteer Program! Volunteers are a precious resource and are frontline ambassadors and champions for our cause. Join the pack and make a difference!
Volunteer Candidates Must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to make a 6 month commitment to volunteer two to four times a month.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages
- Engage and monitor both guests and animals at all times while ensuring the safety of all
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of our visitors
- Stand or walk for the majority of your shift
- Enjoy working outdoors
- All volunteers who volunteer with children at the Wildlife Science Center must agree to a Child Protection Background Check.
The application process is as easy as one-two-three!
1. Essay Questions
Please answer the essay questions below on a separate sheet of paper. Responses may be typed or handwritten but should be at least 50 words each.
- Describe two of your strengths and talents that you would bring to the Wildlife Science Center Volunteer Program.
- Why do you want to be part of the Wildlife Science Center education and research team and what do you hope to gain from this experience?
- How do you feel about animals in captivity?
2. Application Form
Please print and complete the application form and mail it to the Wildlife Science Center along with your completed essay questions.
Please print a copy of the Recommendation Form and give it to two people (not relatives) who will write a personal reference for you. Be sure to include a stamped envelope addressed to the Wildlife Science Center. Ask them to fill out and mail the form to the Wildlife Science Center within two weeks of receipt. Applications without references will not be considered.
Applications and Essay Questions should be mailed to:
Wildlife Science Center
5463 W. Broadway Avenue
Columbus, MN 55025
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (651) 464-3993.